Dear Canadians and Friends of Canada,
To mark Canada’s 150th Anniversary, the Consulate General of Canada in Dubai and Alserkal Avenue invite you to an exciting Canadian arts and culture program that will take place on December 14th and 15th, 2017. Come and join Alserkal Avenue’s community members who have curated a special selection of artistic and cultural content all the way from Canada, including film, music, arts, literature, sports, food and much more.
Participating partners include: thejamjar, The Fridge, Parkour DXB, Readings Dogs UAE, Cinema Akil, The Third Line Gallery, and lululemon
Program highlights are provided below. Please consult the attached flyer for event descriptions, registration and timings. All events are free.
December 14th at 3pm-5pm – After-School Youth Program
- Paper Clay Workshop with Canadian Aboriginal Artist KC Adams for ages 7-9 (thejamjar) – please register: email@example.com
- Parkour (Warehouse 82) – please register here
- Reading Dogs (Warehouse 82)
- Arts & Crafts Corner (Warehouse 82)
December 15th at 10am-9pm – Adult and Family Program
- Breathe It All In – Yoga with lululemon – 10:00am-11:30am (The Yard) – please register here
- Paper Clay Workshop with Canadian Aboriginal Artist KC Adams for ages 13+ – 1pm-3pm (thejamjar) – please register: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Live Music Featuring Cold Specks – 4pm-6pm (The Yard)
- Window Horses Film Screening – 7pm-9pm (The Yard)
- Delicious treats from Canada’s The Pita Pit and Big Smoke Burger – 10am-9pm (Warehouse 46)
- Aga Khan Museum Exhibition (Warehouse 61)
- Art and Photography Exhibition (Warehouse 61)
We look forward to seeing you there!
Canada 150 Team