Employment Opportunity for “Communication and Marketing Officer”
The Canadian Business Council (CBC) of Abu Dhabi is a membership based organization. We are one of the most active business councils in Abu Dhabi with a mandate to promote, encourage and facilitate the exchange of business between Canada and the UAE. Our objectives are to create relevant platforms for people to meet and network. For more information about us, kindly go to www.cbcabudhabi.com.
CBC Is looking for a positive, passionate, young and energetic individual to join their team as Communication and Marketing Officer. The role entails to assist in developing and implementing communication and marketing strategy and managing the digital media platforms.
The role’s work efforts are expected to be about 50% on communication and marketing, with a focus to enhance CBC brand image. The rest of the time will be spent attracting and maintaining individual memberships.
|Reporting to||:||CBC Board of Directors|
|Work Location||:||Abu Dhabi, UAE|
|Expected Joining Date||:||As soon as possible, pending finding the right candidate, and no later than 01 November 2017.|
|Contract period||:||1-year renewable contract|
- Developing and implementing creative marketing and communication solutions to enhance engagement.
- Developing and implementing communication plan.
- Preparing and ensuring timely completion and diffusion of CBC newsletter.
- Updating and monitoring the website and social media platforms, including pages setting up, real time content creation, and post scheduling to increase CBC visibility.
- Listening and reacting to audience engagement.
- Researching, contacting and following up with current and potential individual members.
- Attending events, conferences as required.
- Reporting on social media metrics and other relevant reports to the concerned committees and Board.
- Supporting other related activities as required.
- A bachelor degree, preferably in Communication or Marketing or related area
- 1-2 years’ experience in social media corporate or marketing communication, preferably in service industry such as business councils, embassies, conferences, event management, etc.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Fluency in English.
Abilities and Skills Required
- Strong social networking knowledge and experience.
- Strong communication and social skills.
- Personable, and ability to connect with members on an individual basis
- Good leadership skills and ability to work with a variety of personalities.
- Innovative thinker
- Adept with time management, organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems and handle difficult situations.
Other – Desirable Requirements
- Access to vehicle.
- Fluency in Arabic and/or French.
- Entitlements pursuant to applicable UAE Labour Law.
Forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only qualified and selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.