The Canadian Business Council (CBC) of Abu Dhabi is a non for profit membership based organization. We are one of the most active business councils in Abu Dhabi with a mandate to promote, encourage and facilitate the exchange of business between Canada and the UAE. Our objectives are to create relevant platforms for people to meet and network. For more information about us, kindly go to www.cbcabudhabi.com.
CBC is looking for a positive, passionate, young and energetic individual to join their team as Membership Sales Manager. The role entails to assist in maintaining, attracting and acquiring new members and sponsors both individual and corporate, and to participate in organizing and marketing CBC events.
The role’s work efforts are expected to be at least 70% on membership and sponsorship, with a focus to increase CBC membership and sponsorship. The rest of the time will be spent supporting marketing activities.
Reporting to: CBC Board of Directors, Head of Membership
Work Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Expected Joining Date: As soon as possible, pending finding the right candidate, and no later than 1 September 2017.
Contract period: 1-year renewable contract
- Be the person responsible for growing CBC membership and sponsorship.
- Researching, contacting and following up with potential corporate and individual members.
- Retaining and upgrading existing sponsors and members.
- Review and provide recommendations on membership and sponsorship package structures
- Attending events, conferences as required.
- Preparing relevant reports to the concerned committees and Board.
- Providing required information to update communication channels e.g. website and social media.
- Supporting marketing activities related to CBC website and social media sites maintenance.
- A bachelor degree, preferably in Marketing or related area
- 1-2 years experience in sales or business development, preferably in service industry such as business councils, hotels, conferences, event management, etc.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Fluency in English.
Abilities and Skills Required
- Strong sales skills.
- Strong communication and social skills.
- Good leadership skills and ability to work with a variety of personalities.
- Adept with time management, organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems and handle difficult situations.
Other – Desirable Requirements
- Access to vehicle.
- Fluency in Arabic and/or French.
Employee Benefits: Entitlements pursuant to applicable UAE Labour Law.
Forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified and selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.