- #1 in U.S. Rates Strategy and #1 in Technical Analysis
- Only Canadian firm to earn a spot in the leader's table
TORONTO and NEW YORK, July 19, 2018 /CNW/ - BMO Capital Markets' Fixed-Income Strategy group has earned top rankings in Institutional Investor's 2018 All-America Fixed-Income Research Team Survey.
Rankings are determined by input from more than 1,900 portfolio managers and buy-side analysts from around the world, collectively overseeing nearly $10 trillion in U.S. fixed-income assets. They select the best firms in high yield, investment grade, economics and strategy.
For the first time, BMO Capital Markets' Fixed-Income Strategy group ranked in the top 10 overall, and is the only Canadian firm to earn a spot on the leader's table. BMO Capital Markets also secured the #8 position on the Economics and Strategy leader's table. In the individual categories, the group earned the following honours:
- #1: U.S. Rates Strategy – Ian Lyngen, Head of U.S. Rates Strategy; and team
- #1: Technical Analysis – Ian Lyngen, Head of U.S. Rates Strategy; and team
- Runner-up: Federal Agency Debt Strategy – Margaret Kerins, Head of Fixed-Income Strategy; Dan Krieter, Director; and team
- #6: Fixed-Income Strategy, Margaret Kerins, Head of Fixed-Income Strategy; and team
"This is an incredible accomplishment for our entire team and a real demonstration of our commitment to and momentum in our global fixed income business," said Deland Kamanga, Head of Global Fixed-Income, Currency and Commodities, BMO Capital Markets. "We will continue to provide clients with the best fixed-income strategy, economics and FX expertise."
About BMO Capital Markets
BMO Capital Markets is a leading, full-service North American-based financial services provider, with approximately 2,500 professionals in 30 locations around the world, including 16 offices in North America, offering corporate, institutional and government clients access to a complete range of investment and corporate banking products and services. BMO Capital Markets is a member of BMO Financial Group (NYSE, TSX: BMO), one of the largest diversified financial services providers in North America with US$579 billion total assets as of April 30, 2018.
SOURCE BMO Financial Group