The Canadian Business Council (CBC) Abu Dhabi, in partnership with Embassy of Canada to the UAE, the Government of Ontario, Canada, the Aerospace Industries Association of Canada (AIAC), and the Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries (CADSI), is organizing a virtual mission in the aerospace, defense and security sectors in February-March 2021. This event will help Canadian and non-Canadian regional companies establish and develop business relationships in the UAE and the region, through market and technical briefings, and a comprehensive Business-to-Business networking program. This will include pre-arranged meetings with regional decision makers at national Aerospace, Defense and Security companies, government agencies, supply chain and potential local partners.
This virtual mission is a 2-day virtual event and will include topics such as aerospace, defense and security, localization and offset, space, land and sea capabilities, and others. The event will be followed by 2-3 weeks of Business-to-Business (B2B) meeting space, taking place in February to March 2021 timeframe, in the weeks preceding and after the week of International Defence Exhibition & Conference (IDEX) 2021.
The objectives of the virtual mission are as follows:
- Promote your organization and its capabilities across the aerospace, defense and security sector in the Middle East and Canada.
- Receive regional up-to-date news, information, resources and status of trade relations.
- Listen to thought leaders and learn about regional government policies and sector trends.
- Network with regional customers, partners, peers and policy makers.
Agenda for Day 1
- 17:00 – Welcome and Introduction
- 17:10 – Presentation: Analysis of Defence Sector Priorities
- 17:40 – Panel discussion with CAE and PAL Aerospace: Key Success Factors for Canadian companies to survive in the UAE
- 18:10 – Session break (30 minutes)
- 18:40 – Panel discussion with Canadian Regional Trade Commissioners
- 19:20 – Introduction to B2B Networking Program
Agenda for Day 2
- 17:00 – Keynote Speech: Abdullah Saif Al Awani, Executive Director - Economic Program of Tawazun Economic Council
- 17:30 – Presentation by EDGE Group
- 18:00 – Session break (30 minutes)
- 18:30 – Panel Discussion: Digital Disruption in Defence & Security - Opportunities
- 19:00 – Meet the UAE Partners
Confirmed Speakers and Moderators to date:
- Gregory Zoughbi, Chairperson of Canadian Business Council Abu Dhabi
- H.E. Marcy Grossman, Ambassador of Canada to the UAE
- Abdullah Saif Al Awani, Executive Director - Economic Program of Tawazun Economic Council
Major General (Rtd.) Abdulla Al Sayed Al Hashmi, Senior VP, Business Development of Calidus
- Anas Nasser Al Otaiba, General Manager of Emirates Defense Companies Council (EDCC)
Thomas Zimmerer, VP, Digital Transformation, Digital Transformation Management of EDGE Group
- Miles Chambers, Director of Business Development, Platforms & Systems of EDGE
- Keith Stoodley, CEO of PAL Aerospace
- Thibaut Trancart, Managing Director of CAE Middle East
- Simon Deakin, Defence and Security Senior Advisor of Kearney
- Alan White, Senior Vice President - Head of xen1thLabs and Cyber Advisory Services of Digital 14 LLC
- Matthew Glynn, Director of Business Development, Digital 14 LLC
- William (Bill) Hurst, Vice President, Bin Hilal Enterprise
- Dharmesh Patel, Vice President Information Technology, GAL
- Sally Koornneef, Trade Commissioner – Energy, Defence & Security of the Embassy of Canada to the UAE
- John Rodney, Trade Commissioner of the Embassy of Canada to Kuwait
Ali Aziz, Trade Commissioner, Embassy of Canada to Iraq
Alia Altaf, Trade Commissioner, Embassy of Canada to Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Oman
Omar Abbasi, Trade Commissioner, Embassy of Canada to Jordan
- David Laliberte, Executive Director - Legal of Digital 14 LLC
- Tawfiq Ghadban, Regional Business Development Manager - Middle East & Central Asia, L3Harris Technologies
- Ian Walsh, Strategy and Business Development Director, CAE
- Awais Chughtai, Relationship Manager, Canadian Business Council Abu Dhabi
- Matthew Cochran, Chairman of Defense Marketing Services Council
Why partner with CBC Abu Dhabi?
CBC Abu Dhabi is the optimal partner of choice to the Trade Commissioner Services of Canada in the UAE and other entities for multiple reasons, including:
- Providing all-round Experience for participants that include forums, resources, and access to CBC Abu Dhabi member-only content. This optimizes the value of the virtual mission and ensures that participants maximize business outcomes.
- Sector-specific Trade Knowledge: CBC Abu Dhabi has organized and participated in many IDEX/Defense and Aerospace sector missions, giving us an understanding of the industry.
- Respected Entity: CBC Abu Dhabi is well regarded amongst the government, corporate sector and across all business councils. Our brand strength supports the brand strength of Canada and is the natural partner.
- Diverse Board of Directors: A board composed of senior executives with in-depth knowledge and experience across multiple business sectors, complemented by two full-time employees who have been with the council for years.
- Strong Connections and Networks: CBC Abu Dhabi is well connected across all business sectors in the UAE and with senior UAE government officials.
- Market Communications: CBC Abu Dhabi have developed and have been using multiple market communication channels including email, multiple social media platforms (LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc.), and have established relationships with UAE media outlets and advertising platforms that we can utilize when needed.
Testimonial from the Trade Commissioner Services / Embassy of Canada to the UAE
“The Canadian Business Council (CBC) – Abu Dhabi supported the Trade Commissioner Service at the Embassy of Canada deliver a successful ADIPEC Virtual Mission for Canadian companies in November 2020. The event was fully hosted on the CBC’s platform and the team worked in full partnership with the Embassy to manage the execution of the event. Overall, it was a very successful collaboration and throughout the planning the CBC team demonstrated great agility and passion to ensure a successful mission. The CBC staff and board provided invaluable support managing the logistics of the event, including expertly moderating some of the webinar sessions, and also used their industry experience and knowledge to support the agenda. Many thanks to the team for a very steadfast and organized project delivery hitting all the Embassy’s goals and providing value to the participating companies.”
Sally Koornneef - BSc (Geo-Science)
Trade Commissioner – Energy, Defence & Security
Embassy of Canada – Abu Dhabi
Disclaimer: By registering and clicking “Confirm” button, you give consent to CBC Abu Dhabi to share your contact details and any uploaded materials to other participants.